YOU ARE INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF
Jenna & Thomas
The Love We Have
A wedding is a ceremony where two people are united in marriage. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions, countries, and social classes.
Most wedding ceremonies involve an exchange of marriage vows by the couple, presentation of a gift, and a public proclamation of marriage by an authority figure or celebrant.
Music, poetry, prayers or readings from religious texts or literature are also commonly incorporated into the ceremony.
The use of a wedding ring has long been part of religious weddings in Europe and America, but the origin of the tradition is unclear.
8TH OF MAY, 2019 - 200 JACK ROAD, TOWNSVILLE, MU
What to Know
- Seven blessings are recited, blessing the bride and groom and their new home.
- The couple sip from a glass of wine.
- The ceremony ends with the groom breaking a glass underfoot.
- The ceremony is followed by a seudat mitzvah, the wedding meal, as well as music and dancing.
- A Highland or Scottish wedding has the groom, with some or all of the groom's men wear a kilt.
The Perfect Time
- 10am Church ceremony
- 12pm Drive to the Hillstone House
- 3pm Arrival of bride
- 4pm Lunch at the park
- 6pm Quiz & Games
- 8pm Dinner at the mansion
- 9pm Quiz & Games
- 10pm Dances till the morning